Coming to a House Concert/Listening Venue near you!!!
Bob MacLean is a Folksinger and Guitarist you need to hear…With roots in Cape Breton (Glace Bay) and Quebec, he currently is out with a new CD – a mostly vocals project which complements his established guitar style perfectly;
A story teller.....
A song interpreter.....
Soulfully musical …...
A gifted guitarist….
An engaging performer....
A unique Down East sound all his own....
* Founder of the “Three In The Round- The Single Malts Sessions” concert series
* Musician in Residence – McDougall Cottage – 2012/13
* Waterloo Guitar Summit – Founder and Artistic Director
* Sought after session musician
* Founder & Host of Scran & Dram monthly ceilidh session
* Fergus Scottish Festival – Performer – 2001 – present
* Mill Race Festival – 2012 and 2016
* Christmas CD – “When The Snow Lay Round About” Sept 2016
* New CD – “Single Malt” – Jan 2019.
If there was one word to sum up Bob’s music, it would be “Engaging.” He engages the listener with each and every performance. Anyone who sees him playing, whether it is his various solo instrumental guitar programs or his lively story-telling East Coast Songs and tunes program, knows instantly the passion he brings to his work.
Working as a freelance musician requires one to wear “different hats.” So, Bob focuses his energies on:
1/ Trad-Roots Musician - Combining his fingerstyle guitar skills and his love of East Coast/traditional music and songs. He is a frequent performer at pubs, house concerts and Trad/Celtic Festivals and senior centres.
2/ Guitarist – Tapping into his vast solo guitar repertoire, Bob plays roots-inspired classical and pop stylings for weddings, receptions, restaurants and mingling-type events.