TRADITIONAL/EAST COAST SiINGER
SOLO EAST COAST FOLKSINGER
As a Cape Bretoner (Glace Bay, NS), I bring a passion for performing the music and songs from my Atlantic Canada roots. My solo programs always include significant East Coast content - traditional and contemporary songs one might expect to hear at a pub or house concert anywhere in Atlantic Canada....and I complement this with primarily Canadiana material. Lately my solo shows include a growing Appalachian component as I examine traditional UK songs that made it to, and evolved in, Appalachia. My shows are full of entertaining stories & banter which serve to frame the background to each tune or song.
My music fits well in:
East Coast/UK celebrations
St Pats parties
Some of my Career Highlights:
- Celtic Colours International Festival – Cape Breton NS – 2001
- Mill Race Festival – 2010/2016.
- Founder and Artistic Director – Waterloo-Wellington Guitar Summit – 2003-1012.
- Musician In Residence – McDougall Cottage, Cambridge ON – 2011/12
- Fergus Scottish Festival – Frequent performer since 2001.
- Leads Monthly Ceilidh/Session at the SCRAN & DRAM in New Hamburg
- Workshops on Altered Tunings and Song Arranging.